Friday 28 September 2012

Spicy Chorizo and Olive Pasta


Don't you just love it when a recipe comes together and it seems to take no effort at all? I had a picture in my head and I created it. This recipe came about because I was trying to use up random ingredients in my fridge such as half packets of used pasta, half tins of tomatoes, one or two fresh tomatoes etc.

I started off by putting some pasta screws on to boil in salted water. In a separate large wok I heated some olive oil and added chopped onion, chopped garlic and some chilli for bite (you could leave this out if you not a chilli fanatic like I am).


When the onions started softening, I added some sliced up chorizo sausage which I left to cook for a while till the Chorizo started going brown and crispy.


I added some black pitted olives, fresh tomatoes & tinned tomatoes (one tin of tomatoes will do, I was just using up random food in my fridge), tomato paste, lots of salt and black pepper and some dry white wine. I left the sauce to simmer while the pasta screws finished off cooking.



Lastly I turned off the stove, added some torn basil and cottage cheese and drained the pasta.
I combined the sauce and pasta screws and VOILA, all done!!! Delicious!


Serves 4

Ingredients
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil.
1 Brown Onion, Finely Chopped.
1 Tsp. Chopped Garlic.
1 Red Chilli, Finely Chopped.
300g Chorizo, Sliced.
100g Black Olives, Pitted.
1 Tin Whole Plum Tomatoes.
Half a Cup Dry White Wine.
2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste.
2 Cups Fresh Basil, Torn.
1 Tbsp Smooth Cottage Cheese
200g Dried Pasta Screws
Salt & Black Pepper

Method
1) Put your pasta screws on to boil in salted water.
2) Heat the olive oil in a large pan or wok.
3) Add he onion, garlic and chilli and allow to soften.
4) Add the chorizo and fry gently for about 5 minutes till the chorizo is brown and crispy.
5) Add the olives, tomatoes, dry white wine, tomato paste and salt and pepper.
6) Leave to simmer until the pasta is done and drained.
7) Torn off the stove, stir through the basil and cottage cheese.
8) Add the pasta screws and mix through.
9) Serve with a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment