Monday 24 October 2011

Oven Baked Kingklip

I often find myself faced with the scenario where I need to quickly use up groceries in my fridge before they get old or expire. Its at these times that some of my best recipes are born because I find myself throwing random food items together. This recipe is easy, simple and delicious: perfect for a lazy weeknight dinner.



Ingredients
Serves: 2

4 Palm Sized KingKlip Fillets
2 tbsp. Salted Butter
2 tbsp. Ina Paarmans Fish Spice
14 Black Olives, pitted
1 Punnet of Rosa Tomatoes, halved
2 Green Chillies, Chopped
8 Whole Garlic Cloves
1 tsp. Chopped Garlic
400g Swiss Chard
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice

Method
1) Preheat the Oven to 180 degrees.
2) Grease an oven-proof dish with one tbsp. of butter.
3) Season both side of the fish fillets with the fish spice and pack in a single layer in the dish.
4) Scatter over the olives, tomatoes, green chillies and garlic.
5) Bake for 45 minutes, until the fish is cooked and the tomatoes are soft.
6) In the meantime melt the rest of the butter in a medium sized pot, add the garlic and cook until soft.
7) Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, remove from the heat and add the lemon juice.
8) Serve the fish on top of the spinach with mash or savoury rice and steamed veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment